April & May
We have been loving our porch goose. It honestly makes us so happy seeing her there every time we walk in. We named her Lucy. We’re also just completely obsessed with our place we still can’t believe it’s ours. We feel so grateful and happy every single day. Gavin and the boys joined a men's softball league. Games are once a week at the park, and we wives go to support! The other teams are stacked with big Hawaiian fellows who are usually smoking when they aren't on the pitch. But man, when they are on the field they are hitting home runs and catching every ball. It's mind-boggling every single week! We did, however, win our first game, and it was SO FUN to watch. We were screaming and yelling. So proud of the boys!
For April Fools’ Day, the Young Women and I decided to pull some fun “pranks.” We went all in and dressed up in funky costumes, then went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood… but instead of getting candy, we were GIVING it away. See April Fools!
Let’s just say it didn’t go quite as planned. We knocked on several doors, but no one was home. At one house, an older gentleman answered and told us he didn’t like chocolate, so he didn’t want our Cadbury eggs. Meanwhile, we could see kids and family behind him! We asked if anyone else wanted candy in the house, and he still said no. We just wanted him to take the candy!
It took us way longer than expected to give it all away, but eventually we managed!
I also made the cutest bunny bread rolls for Easter (thank you, Food Nanny!); they were shaped like little bunnies. And speaking of baking, my friend Faye had never made chocolate chip cookies before… ever. And she’s in her 30s! So we had a little baking night and made a classic batch together. Let’s just say she was in heaven. She had been buying cookies off Facebook Marketplace, and now she’s thrilled she can make them herself for way cheaper.
Also, we’ve been making some really lovely meals in our new home. Can you tell I’m slightly obsessed with taking pictures of food here? Because I definitely am.
June
I turned 28 years old! I literally can’t believe I’m 28. I started out with a run because it was National Running Day! I ran with my friend Cheyenne; we had the best chat and the best weather! I worked most of the day, but then Gavin and I went to dinner at Eating House. I’ve been loving burgers this year, so it felt like the perfect way to celebrate with a big, delicious burger. I also wore a new skirt Gavin got me, which I LOVE. He seriously picks out the best clothes and jewelry for me. And we finished the night with the Food Nanny Strawberries and Cream Cake! Gavin made it, and it was divine to eat all week long. After work all week I looked forward to eating cake! It's what kept me going at work knowing I had that cake in the fridge. We also ran the Hanea to Hanlei run on Saturday morning. Boy, was it an early start. But it's tradition so we press on!
This month was also a big one for me—I was released as Young Women’s President after serving for three and a half years. It’s definitely bittersweet.
Whenever something good comes to an end, I always think back to the beginning. I was newly married, just turned 24, and didn’t know a single person in the ward or any of the girls. I had no idea how I was going to lead, teach, or manage everything that came with the calling—weekly activities, ward council, presidency meetings… it all felt overwhelming.
Somehow, I figured it out. And it turned into such a wild, fun, and meaningful experience. Of course, there are always things I wish I could have done better more one-on-one visits- but overall, I truly feel like I gave it my all. I gave everything I could to those girls.
It’s going to be an adjustment watching someone else step into that role and lead in their own way. But more than anything, I just feel so grateful for the opportunity I had.
I’ll miss my girls so much.
Speaking of goodbyes, one of my coworkers has decided to step away from the company due to her personal life. She had been with the company for almost 20 years. She is one of the best concierges we have. She was giving everyone gifts and treats before she left. That's just the kind of person she is. We will miss Tiana!


No comments:
Post a Comment